Two posts in two days… aren’t you lucky!?!? I’d like to say that I’d love to do this on a regular basis but, I’m a realist and two posts in the same month will be an achievement at times. Please, hang in there during the slow periods. I love to share recipes and know that people are enjoying them so, even when the posts seem few and far between, I hope you all still keep checking back. That being said, tonight’s dinner was a HUGE winner (and reason enough to check back often). My husband’s description was, and I quote, ‘slammin’!! Considering he was just complaining about my love for casseroles the other day, I’ll take it!!! Needless to say, I’ll be making this one again.
I like to give credit where credit is due but I won’t be sharing a link to a website for this recipe. Reason being that I took about three similar recipes that I previously bookmarked for this casserole and combined all of them and then added my own finesse. So I’m gonna call this the closest I get to my own recipe. Hope you all enjoy!
Baked Cream Cheese & Spaghetti Casserole with Fried Onions
- 12 oz. spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 jar (about 1-1/2 lbs.) spaghetti sauce of your choice (I used a 24 oz jar of tomato, garlic & onion sauce)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- Parmesan Cheese (I used about 3/4 C. of shredded)
- French Friend Onions (I used about 3/4 C. but only put it on half)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I used about 1 C.)